Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

D&D, how I miss thee #AtoZChallenge

I am currently "reading" (I listen to audiobooks) a very charming novel by Drew Hayes called NPCs. It's a tale about the non-player characters in D&D Games.

Four gamers start a new campaign and their characters are killed off. Four NPCs witness the death of those adventurers and take up their quest to protect their town from the wrath of their king, who would be put out of the original four never appeared at court as instructed. I recommend it, even if you've never played D&D.

It brings back memories of when I played D&D games years (and years and years) ago. Good times. If you're lucky enough to have a great GM, which I was, then playing D&D is rather like living in a novel with the ability to effect the story.

Have you ever played? I wonder if there are any online games I could join - I have dice!


No comments:

Post a Comment