Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Z is for Zombies (Surely you saw that coming) #AtoZChallenge

Zombies have become pretty popular these days - lots of books, movies and tv shows have cropped up. I've heard of Zombie Romance stories... but I have not read any. I'm sorry, but that's a cross over I think I can do without. Even if La Esmeralda can make zombie-ism look good (heck, she can make anything look good - she's gorgeous)

She likes a guy with brains...
Something about the whole zombie craze is pretty enjoyable though. I have certainly had fun with it :)

I have already blogged about the Joe Ledger series by Jonathan Maberry - which isn't all about zombies, in fact there's nary a zombie in several of the books. I'm still working through this series - I'm on book four Assassin's Code now and I have to tell you they just keep getting better. 

I decked out my husband's jeep in Zombie Outbreak Response Team stickers and that's a Zombie Hunting Permit there on the fender. I have one on my car too. Lenny gets lots of comments on his Jeep :)


Since we live so remote, one of the first things people typically say when the visit is that they're headed to our house when the zombies come. It should be a good location - we live in the desert, so we should be able to see them coming. And that's assuming they even make it out this way.

The only thing not "fun" about zombies, except for presumably the smell, getting infected or having one sneak up on you, is fast zombies. All I have to say is... I like my zombies slow. Fast zombies are too freaking scary. Give me the nice slow ones from The Walking Dead. The way the zombies ran, then piled up to climb walls in World War Z... shudder... no one likes fast zombies.

Wow, the last day of the challenge - I did it! Woohoo! If you're visiting from the challenge - congrats!


4 comments:

  1. I didn't make it past the first episode of Walking Dead. The opening scene in the first episode destroyed it for me. My main experience with zombies has been the Resident Evil movies. Though there is a series of books I'm kind of wondering about. It's the White Trash zombie books by Diana Rowland. There's three of them so far I think. I haven't had a chance to read them but I have friends who have who thought they were great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first episode of Walking Dead was brilliant. I don't think they've been able to quite hit that level since, though it's still fun and I watch it regularly. Resident Evil (especially the movies) are a VERY different beast. They're fun in their own way but are not zombie movies in the traditional sense.

    Shaun of the Dead is probably my favourite zombie movie, though of course Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead have a special place. The best zombie books are the ones by Max Brooks (Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z). I don't think there's any debate or disagreement in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there. Congratulations on completing the challenge! Visiting from the A-Z Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love zombie movies and The Walking Dead tv show. I also read the White Trash Zombie books by Diana Rowland. It is the only series that I've read from the zombie's POV. I highly recommend it, especially on audio. It is a funny story.

    ReplyDelete