Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Yarn Bombing... who knew this was a thing?? #AtoZChallenge

Well, this is late. Last night I passed out around 6. I'm pretty sure it's the Post-Bahama Blues/Rum Punch Withdrawals. All I know is that I didn't feel well and after some Thieves tea and a bowl of homemade chicken soup I was out for the count.

 But it works out actually, as I had no real plan for Y before today. I'm listening to a new audiobook - Hit by Delilah Dawson. It's a YA novel about a 17 year old who is forced to become a hitman to save her mother when a bank starts enforcing a well hidden clause in a credit card application. It's an interesting premise and will make you think twice about taking on debt, and our country's propensity to also go into debt.

Our heroine's secret passion? Yarn Bombing... Never heard of it? Yeah, neither had I.

So I Googled it... and wow...




According to Wikipedia: Yarn Bombing is " a type of graffiti or street art that employs colourful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn or fiber rather than paint or chalk." Looks like a pretty time intensive hobby to me. Of course, I have no idea how to knit or crochet. 

Time apparently did a whole article on it: The Fine Art of Yarn Bombing

Who knew?


1 comment:

  1. First time I saw yarn bombing was in Melbourne three years ago. I thought it was really cool! Although I wouldn't be one to yarn bomb myself, just cos I'm rubbish with this craft form.

    ReplyDelete