Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for Hoover... how I love thee... #AtoZChallenge

I purchased a Hoover FloorMate about a year ago, and I absolutely love it.  I hate to mop my floors, but with this machine it's a breeze. My floors have never looked so good!

The FloorMate can vacuum, scrub hard floors and even dry them. You mix hot water with a cleaning solution and lay it down like you would with a carpet shampooer, scrubbers scrub the floor and suck the dirty water back up into a different tank.So, dirty water doesn't go back on your floors as it does with a traditional mop.

I will caution you that if you have dogs, or other furry animals, that you may not want to use it to vacuum - it can do the job, but the hair will likely get wet and cling to the scrubbers, insides, etc. Plus, the water tank is gross. So, with two dogs who shed constantly, I have determined it is best to vacuum with my regular vacuum first.

I rarely use the dryer on the machine, the floors really aren't that wet after scrubbing - there's a rubber squeegee in front of the scrubbers/vacuum that does a great job pulling up the water.

I have used this machine on the linoleum floors in my kitchen and bathrooms, as well as the wood floors in my den. Works great on both.

The machine is not heavy and the amount of effort required to scrub your floors is about the same as you'd put into vacuuming them.

So, if you're in the market for a new mop, get this instead. Your floors will look fantastic and you'll find yourself cleaning them more.

You can find this item on Amazon, or at your local Target or Walmart. I definitely recommend it!

*This review is not sponsored in any way :)
_____________________________________

Today's photo prompt is "priceless".

Arizona Sunsets are Priceless to me :)

4 comments:

  1. That was one ringing endorsement! I can't profess love of my vacuum or mop.

    And what a fab sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mop recently died. I can't say as we were close. I may have to look into this floor cleaner. I wonder if it would work on tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of wanted one of these, but wasn't sure how well it would work. Thanks for the review!

    My husband misses Arizona so much. Sunsets are so different in the desert. We live in Minnesota right now and we aren't even seeing the sun lately. Just gray and white still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great tool to have. I got a little shark steam cleaner a few years ago, but I feel like it doesn't work any better than an old fashioned mop, and I always end up mopping on my hands and knees instead.

    Beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete