Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

G is for Grandmother #AtoZChallenge

Some of my earliest memories are of times with my Grandmother. She taught me my numbers by teaching me to play card games. I'd play solitaire and she'd feed me buttered crackers, or sliced ring bologna with mustard on it, or Lipton Cup of Soup.

Sometimes I would watch Sesame Street and they'd flash a word on the screen. I couldn't read yet so I'd start yelling "Grandma, Grandma, come here quick!!" and she'd come running in in a panic to find me frantically pointing at the tv screen. "What does that say?!" LOL It's a wonder she didn't throttle me.

It has been a very long time since those days, but whenever I think of her, I think of those times. And other times playing card games around her kitchen table. I am certain my love of games comes from those early games with Grandma.

I miss those days, and I miss my Grandma too.

August 2007 - Grandma, Dad, Aunt Pat, Me and Angie - 4 Generations!
_______________________

Today's photo prompt is new, so I'll use this prompt to show off my new leg tattoo. I got a rose because my husband has a rose tattoo on his arm. Although they don't really look alike, it makes me think of him. I got it on and for my birthday last week. I'm currently in the OMG it's ITCHY phase :)



1 comment:

  1. What great Grandma memories! She sounds like a wonderful person.

    Love the tattoo! And your shoes are WOW!

    Good luck on the rest of the A-Z challenge!

    The Life of Lisa
    Random Ramblings
    Maple Grove Cemetery

    ReplyDelete