Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Saying Thank You

A few weeks ago I had thank you cards made for all of the wonderful people I met during my journey with cancer. The text read "I'm often asked about my experience with breast cancer... and I always reply, I met the nicest people. Thank you for being one of those people." And it's true, I met some incredible people. I have the best doctors, they have the best staffs. And it made all of the difference.

Yesterday I had my quarterly visit with my Oncologist, Dr. Zafar. He and his staff all thanked me for the card and told me how much they appreciated it. I was glad I took the time to do it, because so often we don't properly thank the people in our lives who make the most difference. It's easy to take people for granted and I know I'm guilty of it, despite my attempts not to. (By the way, I"m still clean and healthy!)

So if you're reading this... Thank you. Thank you for caring. Thank you for allowing me to share little pieces of myself with you. Thank you for dropping in to see if I have anything interesting to say. Thank you if you laughed at any of my jokes. Thank you if I touched a small part of your heart with my stories.

On the topic of thank yous, my heart is touched by this one. The power of prayer is incredible. I have witnessed it personally and I'm happy to witness it from afar in this case. If you're the praying type, whisper a few words for the Nielson family and for two ladies named Deb who are struggling with cancer. I do several times every day.

Tomorrow I'll post about the other things I am grateful for. Today is all about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment