Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Snuggling

Of all the things I read when I was pregnant, and since Angie has been born, I can think of one that mattered the most. It was so simple and random, a blurb really at the bottom of one of the baby.com e-mails I receive. It was a note from a mother that said "Every time the baby cries and just wants to be held, I think to myself that before I know it she'll be pushing me away when I try to hold her and running off to play." Lenny would tell me that I was spoiling Angie by holding her when she cried, but I didn't care. I kept thinking about that statement and how true it would prove to be. Besides, you can't spoil a child with too much love.

At 14 1/2 months, we're now at the point where snuggling with Mom isn't a top priority anymore, but every chance I get I hug her tight and kiss her chubby little cheeks. Sometimes when I'm in bed for the night I miss her so much, even though she's only in the other room. I'd probably let her sleep with us some nights if she wasn't a horrible bed hog... you lose that snuggling feeling at 2 a.m. when you wake up because you were kicked in the head, are clinging to 2" of bed and there's a diaper pressed to your forehead. If she wakes up in the middle of the night I usually snuggle with her on the couch and put her back to bed once she settles down.

But the very best thing is when she's playing and she stops and looks up at me and comes rushing over to give me a hug. It's one of the best feelings in the world. Don't worry, she can't spoil me with too much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment