Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A few of my favorite things

One of my classes this semester is Principles of Information Systems. Part of the class requirements are to post on a discussion forum in response to the teacher's questions and in response to your fellow classmate's posts. It's actually pretty interesting.

Tonight it made me realize that some of my fondest memories have to do with computers. I'm such a geek! A small part of me still misses my old Commodore 64 and the games I had for it. Despite the fact that today's games are so much more advanced, most of my absolute favorite games came out 10 or more years ago... Kings Quest, Ultima, Little Computer People, Leisure Suit Larry, Leather Goddesses of Phobos (and that was an all text game!), Dungeon Keeper, Fallout... the list goes on. Good times.

I don't have much time for games these days, but I do miss them. When Lenny and I were dating we'd spend hours, HOURS on the computer playing video games together. It's actually one of the things that brought us together as a couple. Hence the two geeks in love concept. :)

Random thought of the day... I bought an air freshener for my car that's in the shape of the breast cancer ribbon. When I opened it and sniffed it Lenny asked "so, does it smell like breast cancer?" LOL, he's such a nerd. Actually it smells like vanilla. :)
Above, behold my old geeky self! That picture is about 8 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment