- Better lighting - I swapped out my standard light bulb for a LED bulb - what a difference! Now I can tell my dark blue skirt from my black ones!
- Sort your clothes by color - have you ever shopped at Goodwill? Notice how they organize all their racks by color? It will only take a little bit to do the same in your closet, and can save you time looking for things in the morning.
- Get a shoe solution! Organize your shoes in a shoe rack (or racks) so they're easy to find, and not all over the place.
- Speaking of shoes... swap out your shoes - do you wear boots in the winter and sandals in the summer? Keep your shoe boxes and swap your shoes out every season. This makes managing your shoe collection easier, and the dust off your favorite kicks.
- Swap out your clothes too! Pack away your sweaters when Spring comes (and you're sure it's here to stay). Some under the bed boxes work great and are inexpensive. This will free up space in your closet. Room for new clothes! :)
- Put empty hangers in one spot - when you take clothes off a hanger, put the hanger in one area. No more hunting for hangers on laundry day!
- If it bugs you, figure out a way to fix it - there's a great book called Two Second Lean that's all about making small, incremental changes in your life towards continually improving. I highly recommend it. While the book is geared largely towards a manufacturing environment, one of the common side effects is organizing your closet. You can find the book, tons of videos and lots of info at http://2secondlean.com/. Check it out.
What do you do to keep your closet organized?