Yeah, me too. But not anymore, now I have a minute delay on all outgoing emails and I cannot tell you how many times I have edited an email after hitting Send, but before allowing it to leave my mailbox.
Setting it up is easy:
- In Outlook, click on “File”
- Select “Manage Rules & Alerts”
- Select “New Rule”
- Highlight “Apply rule on messages I send”
- Select “Next”
- Select “Next” again
- Click “Ok” to the dialogue warning you that this rule will apply to every message you send
- Check “Defer delivery by a number of minutes”
- In the lower area, click the “a number of” link and set it to whatever you like
- Click “Ok”
- Click “Finish”
After you hit Send, emails will sit in your Outbox folder for a minute before being sent. So, if you realize you need to make a change, look for your email there, change it and hit Send again.