Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Just Kaizen... #AtoZChallenge

Last night I posted F is for Fatigue... which is crazy because I posted on F last Saturday (it's the A to Z Challenge, don't ya know?). Yesterday's letter was J. So, I guess I was more fatigued than I thought. Huh... totally didn't realize that until just now.

And nobody noticed... ;)

Kaizen, if you don't know, is the Japanese word for improvement or change for the better. This concept, as I have mentioned, is something I hold near and dear to my heart. I am always trying to improve - myself and the world immediately around me. I"m not always successful, but I do try.

When I grow up, I'd like to be a Dream Manager - helping to improve other's lives by helping them realize their dreams, no matter what they are. If you haven't read it, I can't recommend Matthew Kelly's Dream Manager book enough. It should be mandatory reading for managers. It's all about achieving business success by helping employees achieve personal success.

Today I had a taste of that... while pondering a business problem with a co-worker, a perfect solution for her both personally and professionally occurred to me. She may never act on my suggestion, but I certainly gave her something to think about. It might mean a cut in pay, but it would mean a more fulfilling personal life. And really, what's the point of having a lot of money if you don't have time to enjoy it with your family?

We spend soooo much time at work. Life is too short to spend it working at a job you don't love, doing things that don't interest or enrich you... yeah, I know... that's a lot easier said than done. No really, I totally get that.

I came across a quote on Facebook a week or so ago, it went something like this:

If Saturday and Sunday don't excite you, change your friends. If Monday doesn't motivate you, change your profession.
I was totally going to post the actual quote (it was a jpg)... but the Grammarian in me would not allow it. It had too many errors in it... like "ur", not your, and "dont" not don't *shutter*

Anyway... wow. Simple, yet really rough; a lot easier said than done. But it's something to consider.

Shew... ok... time to move on to something less complicated, like.... today's photo of the day: in the fridge

I'm not MrsPickle for nothin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment