- She'd make a great manager - she bosses us around all the time.
- A food tester - assuming I can actually get her to taste it.
- A Wal-Mart Door Greater - Anytime we go shopping she randomly hellos people. She also greets all of her classmates enthusiastically in the mornings, or so I am told.
- IT Manager - she's really good with computers and has been for more than two years now.
|A mischievous smile if I ever saw one...|
I also note a few things she probably won't excel at, like:
- Babysitter - she carries her doll babies around by their hair. Note: she did not learn this from me. Also, they are always naked. Again, not something taught by mommy.
- Lifeguard - she refuses to go under water.
- Anything requiring a lot of patience. Note: I have no patience for this characteristic. I'm certain she got it from her father.
Angie sure is smart though, at least in my opinion. I've never been around small kids much, so I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Let me give you an example.
Last week on the way home from school (which is an hour drive) she tells me "Mom, I need to go potty."
"Can you hold it until we get home?"
"No, but I can hold it until we get to McDonald's..."
"But can you hold it until we get home?"
"Mom, I already told you," she says slowly and distinctly, "I. can. hold. it. until. we. get. to. McDonald's."
Smart ass kid, "but we're not. going. to. McDonald's. Can you hold it until we get home?"
Heavy sigh from the backseat, "yes..."
Mom 1, Angie 0.
She's 4. What's my life going to be like in 10 years??
In other news, I bought the book Monsters Eat Whiny Children, as I said I would. It's very cute and Angie loves it. Probably because it's fun for mommy to read. It's not scary at all.
However, one night when she was trying to delay going to bed (again) she said, "mommy, there's a monster in my closet."
"Honey, as long as you don't whine, the monster won't eat you"
She offered no further resistance and I went on to earn a Top Ten Tweet of the Week from @RubySpikes.
Mom 2, Angie 0
Don't worry though, the score is probably more like Mom 2, Angie 1,274. She certainly keeps me on my toes. For example she peed in my car the week prior to the day mentioned above, without even telling me that she had to go potty! So, the whole McDonald's ploy may have had pre-planning.