Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bananas make everything better

I love bananas and for about the last year or so I've been adding them to recipes.


Brownies: no matter how you make the brownies, add a mashed up banana to the batter. They will turn out super moist and taste like what would happen if Banana Bread mated with a Brownie. Even the cheap mixes from the store will be improved.

Speaking of Banana Bread, this recipe is the best I have ever tasted. It's great as is, but I add an extra banana, cinnamon, nutmeg and sometimes peanut butter to the mix. Only add a big spoonful of peanut butter though, because more than that and you'll overpower the banana.

And finally pancakes. I use Bisquick. On the back of the box are directions to make "melt in your mouth" pancakes. Use this version - basically they have you add lemon juice (to make the milk buttermilky), sugar, vanilla and baking soda. I also add a mashed up banana, extra sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. They are so good that you don't need to put syrup on them (although my husband still does).

Anyone else hungry? :)

1 comment:

  1. Alright, adding another hole to my belt. Thanks for the share earlier on. The banana in brownies is killer.

    ReplyDelete