Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W is for Wendy

Fourteen random things about me...

1. I was born in Germany.

2. For a very long time, since I was about 7, I wanted to be a lawyer. And further, a Justice on the Supreme Court.
3. Also when I was about 7 I got grounded. My dad bought me a Nancy Drew book to read, since I wasn't allowed to do much of anything else. I was instantly hooked. I still have every one of those books. Sadly, I don't think Angie will be very interested in them - too old fashioned. ("what do you mean they didn't have cell phones??")
4. When I was young I'd fill shot glasses with apple cider vinegar and sip it.
5. I got lost in the desert for 9 hours when I was 10. I distinctly recall being upset that I was missing "a very special episode of The Love Boat". Back when there weren't repeats, VCRs or DVRs.
6. I carried a teddy bear to school with me when I was a Freshman in high school.
Me at 16
7. I learned to drive in a '65 Buick Riviera.
8. My first car was a '65 Mustang.
9. I lived in New Orleans for 11 years. I had a very good time in my late 20s and early 30s.
I was sometimes a little devil in New Orleans.
10. I had lasik surgery in 2000. Before that I was almost legally blind.
11. I'm actually very shy. I am the most outgoing shy person you'll ever meet.
12. I've been writing fiction since I was in high school - maybe earlier.
13. My life is much less exciting than it used to be. I used to see 4 a.m. from the "partying late" side, never the "up for work" side.
14. Sometimes I miss the old me... but I am so incredibly blessed, I wouldn't change a thing. :)

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous list!!

    I'd like think I have the cajones to dance in a cage, but I don't. I'll sing on stage but no way can I dance in a cage. :)

    Were you a military family in Germany?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dancing in a cage? sounds like you had a wild time. :D
    Great meeting you through the A-Z!
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I really enjoyed 'hanging out' with you tonight, even if your microphone was a little bit uncooperative.

    ReplyDelete