Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

J is for June

June is an important month in my life.

My darling husband's birthday is in June. This year he'll be 39. He's the best husband in the whole world and spoils me every day.

My daughter's birthday is also in June. I spent 56 hours in labor with her, so I have told my boss and my husband that I will never work on June 23rd again. Instead Angie and I have Mommy/Daughter days and go to the movies, out for ice cream, eat at McDonald's and generally pal around all day.

My mother's birthday is in June as well. She'll be 60 this year. I should probably do something special for her, but honestly I have no idea what that might be.

June is also the month I was diagnosed with breast cancer, four years ago. Next year I hit that magical 5 year mark. In most cases, if the cancer is going to come back it comes back within the first five years. Yesterday I was given the "all clear" on my annual MRI and PET scans - very good news!

Maybe next year we'll throw a 40th Birthday/5-year survivor/The Big Oh-5 Party for the three of us!

1 comment:

  1. wow - not kidding on the big June. I think you deserve a giant bottle of wine every day in June, just 'cuz.

    For your mom... what about putting together a photo book and getting it bound and done with a photo site? When my dad turned 60, we threw him a big surprise party and he loved this slideshow of pix from his life that I made for him.

    ReplyDelete