Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The first step towards potty training?


After her bath tonight, Angie was doing her usual STREAKER run through the house while I cleaned up the bathroom. I went into her room to dump off her dirty laundry and she waddled back into the bathroom. I came in just in time to see her standing right next to the toilet, peeing on the floor. I was too startled to really react. I picked her up, hosed her off in the tub and cleaned the floor as she streaked the house again.


When Lenny came in from playing in the garage I mentioned it to him and told him I really didn't know what to think or what that meant. He said he knew. I looked at him curiously and he told me that earlier today she had walked into the bathroom on him while he was going to the bathroom (she can reach the handle and open the door - privacy has no meaning to a 19month old). She'd stood there and watched him and he was helpless to do anything else until he was done peeing.


So... one wonders if she was trying to emulate daddy. She's certainly walked in on me several times, but then with girls it's a bit harder to tell what's going on. On the bright side, maybe there's an end to diapers in my future?

No comments:

Post a Comment