Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Random Thoughts on a Saturday Night

I did the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk today, hosted by the American Cancer Society. I walked with Cheryl, my friend from work, Angie, and several others I work with. It was nice. It's good for the soul to participate in something bigger than you from time to time. I'm not sure how many walkers there were, but it had to have been upwards of at least a thousand. I forgot to take my camera.. pooh.. (Update: there were more than 9,000 people there!)

As for the election, I'm over it. It is what it is and now it's time to move on. I'm hoping we can move forward together and get things back on track.

I'm saddened to see the Linens and Things that just opene up by me a few months ago is going out of business. And the Circuit City that also just recently opened is closing as well. It worries me and I wonder if these companies don't plan in such a way to be able to withstand changes in the market. I would think a good business plan would include making sure your company could remain strong, or at least in business, should something affect your bottom line for a few months or a year.

Oh, and I put on some old jeans this morning and they fit! I didn't even have to lie on the bed to zip them up. Woot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment