Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day! Let's Pray...

It’s Election Day, at long last! This campaign has been going on for well over a year already and it’s really getting old. For better or for worse, I’m ready to move on to the next phase.

Elizabeth told me yesterday that she heard on the radio that New York is preparing for riots. Riots! Can you believe that?! It’s frightening.

I predict that we’re going to have another really close vote, like when Gore ran 8 years ago (was it 8 years?). In fact, I was saying yesterday that it should all be over today… hopefully.

I pray that God leads us in the right direction as a country and that the best candidate is chosen. I don’t believe that candidate is Obama. Sadly, I don’t even believe that candidate is McCain. It’s disappointing that we have two candidates that so many people are struggling to get behind either of. I wanted Romney myself. I’d like to see a return to the ideals of family, God and working together – things I believe he brought to the plate.

Dear God, please watch over us today.

Quote for today: “Do you want to trace your family tree? Run for public office.” – Patricia H. Vance, Pennsylvania state senator

Boy, isn’t that the truth?!

No comments:

Post a Comment