Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cast of characters

I went back and looked at my old blog and realize I haven't posted on it in almost three years. The ironic thing is that the last time I posted there was not long after Katrina hit and we were still looking for people (We moved from New Orleans to Phoenix four years ago) and now here we are three years later and there's another big storm about to hit that area. One of the reasons we moved was because we knew that New Orleans wasn't going to dodge the bullet forever. Actually, despite the devastation, Katrina didn't hit New Orleans. The levies failed - totally different story than a direct hit from a category four storm when you live six feet below sea level. My prayers to all of my friends still in the New Orleans area.

Anyways, what was I talking about... oh yeah, the cast of characters here at thePickles.
Well there's me... 'Dy. My full name is Wendy Jean. When I was in high school, my best friend was Wendy Ann. To simplify things, we split the name. To this day she's Wen' and I'm 'Dy. I think I got the better half! This is a pretty good, and recent, picture of me - wouldn't you know Angie would stick her finger up her nose just then?! I'm 37 and happily married to...




Lenny, my sexy husband. He's addicted to motorcycles and computer games. I'd like to think he has an addiction to me too. We've been together for seven and a half years now. I picked him up at a biker bar off Bourbon Street in New Orleans - a fun story I'll have to tell you later.

Angelina, our daughter. She's 14 months old now and really just the light of my life. She slid in on her only available window after more than two years of waiting for her to make an appearance. It is absolutely amazing to watch a personality develop, I really had no idea. You think you know what love is about, and then you have a child. Wow. I only have just over 3,000 pictures of her so far - do you think that's enough? ;)

Guinness aka Goober. He's a 11 year old mutt who's overweight and rather grumpy about...

Ginger Snap, an 8 week old chocolate lab who just joined the family. Did I mention she likes to chew? She's taken over ownership of Angie's Princess couch - probably not a good sign, eh?

We live a pretty simple life, but I'm enjoying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment